The department of Gastroenterology involves a detailed understanding of the normal action of the gastrointestinal organs including the movement of material through the stomach and intestine, the digestion and absorption of nutrients into the body and removal of waste from the system. The specialty offers a wide range of treatment options to both pediatric and adult patients having liver, esophagus, stomach and intestinal, pancreatic diseases and nutritional problems.
Services we offer include
- Diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases
- Gastrointestinal infections
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography)
- Liver Biopsy-outine, transjugular biopsies and Hepatic Portal Venous Gas measurements (HPVG)
- Placement of feeding tubes-gastrostomy (PEG) and jejunostomy tubes
- Trans-arterial chemotherapy